Baked Brie Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- Assorted crackers and fresh fruit
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the butter, cream cheese and flour on low speed until mixture forms a ball. Divide in half and wrap each portion in plastic wrap; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out each portion into a 7-in. circle about 1/8 in. thick. Place one circle on an ungreased baking sheet. Place Brie on pastry and top with remaining pastry circle; pinch edges to seal. Flute bottom edge if desired.
- 3. In a small bowl, whisk egg and water; brush over top and sides of pastry. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from the baking sheets. Let stand for 30 minutes before serving. Serve with crackers and fruit. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 234 calories, 18g fat (11g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 276mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 9g protein.
Reviews for Baked Brie
"This was wonderful. I really liked the dough around the cheese."
"My family loves this and even the young ones ask for it often"
"I've been making this every Christmas for years and my husband LOVES it!! So easy--I put the dough ingredients into my food processor and process until it forms a ball. What could be easier? And it looks so pretty (and hard to do), too!! Wonderful recipe!"
"I made this for a party and it was well received. A number a people asked me for the recipe."
"Looks great and I will be sure to try it. I will take this opportunity to share my favorite baked brie. It's a wing it recipe...Cover brie with butter and brown sugar. Cover brie completely with tube of crescent rolls( keep rolls together and pat out to dit)...depending on size of brie will determine how many tubes. Top crescent roll with more sugar and butter. bake at temp and time as directed on crescent rolls or until golden. Always a hit at gatherings. "
"Beautiful presentation! I had to bake it an additional eight minutes to get a golden brown surface (but I baked it on a cute red oven-proof plate to serve it without moving it). Delicious!"
"I will be tring this it looks wonderful thanks so much Cathy"
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer