I always come home with an empty plate when I take this special appetizer to holiday parties. It looks fancy but is actually quite easy to make.
—Carolyn DeKryger, Fremont, Michigan
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min. + standing
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- Assorted crackers and fresh fruit
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, cream cheese and flour on low speed
- until mixture forms a ball. Divide in half and wrap each portion in
- plastic wrap; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out each portion into a 7-in.
- circle about 1/8 in. thick. Place one circle on an ungreased baking
- sheet. Place Brie on pastry and top with remaining pastry circle;
- pinch edges to seal. Flute bottom edge if desired.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg and water; brush over top and sides of
- pastry. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Immediately remove from the baking sheets. Let stand for 30 minutes
- before serving. Serve with crackers and fruit. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 234 calories, 18 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 276 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 9 g protein.