Baked Brie with Roasted Garlic Recipe
“The garlic is mellow and sweet in this recipe,” says Lara Pennell of Mauldin, South Carolina. “I never fail to get compliments when I serve this as a first course—even brie-haters are converted!”
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 35 min. + cooling Bake: 45 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 1 whole garlic bulb
- 1-1/2 teaspoons plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 round loaf (1 pound) sourdough bread
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese
- 1 loaf (10-1/2 ounces) French bread baguette, sliced and toasted
- Red and green grapes
- 1. Remove papery outer skin from garlic (do not peel or separate cloves). Cut top off bulb. Brush with 1-1/2 teaspoons oil; sprinkle with rosemary. Wrap in heavy-duty foil. Bake at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until softened.
- 2. Meanwhile, cut the top fourth off the loaf of bread; carefully hollow out enough of the bottom of the bread so cheese will fit. Cube removed bread; set aside. Place cheese in bread.
- 3. Cool garlic for 10-15 minutes. Reduce heat to 375°. Squeeze softened garlic into a bowl and mash with a fork; spread over cheese. Replace bread top; brush outside of bread with remaining oil. Wrap in heavy-duty foil.
- 4. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with toasted baguette, grapes and reserved bread cubes. Yield: 8 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC