- SUGARED CRANBERRIES:
- 1-3/4 cups Baker's Corner Granulated Sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- BAKED BRIE:
- 2 tablespoons Countryside Creamery Unsalted Butter
- 1 orange, zested and juice reserved
- 2-1/2 ounces Tuscan Garden Real Bacon Bits
- 1/2 cup Southern Grove Walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup diced Granny Smith apple
- 1 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Ground Cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons Baker's Corner Brown Sugar, divided
- 2 8-ounce packages Bake House creations Crescent Rolls
- Carlini Cooking Spray
- 8 ounces Specially Selected Brie Cheese Round
- For Sugared Cranberries, in a small saucepan, combine 1 cup sugar and 1/2 cup water over low heat. Simmer until the sugar dissolves, about 3 minutes.
- Add cranberries and remove from heat. Transfer to a bowl, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Drain cranberries. Roll in remaining 3/4 cup of sugar to coat. Air dry on a wire rack for 1 hour.
- For Baked Brie Bites, preheat oven to 375°.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Add orange juice, bacon bits, walnuts, apple, cinnamon and 3 tablespoons brown sugar. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until sugar has dissolved and apples begin to brown, 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in orange zest.
- Unroll crescent rolls and pinch together seams to create 1 large sheet with each package of dough. Cut each rectangle into 12 squares.
- Coat a mini muffin pan with cooking spray and place a square of dough in each cup.
- Cut brie into 24 pieces and place in the center of the dough square. Top with apple walnut mixture and a pinch of brown sugar. Bring edges of the dough square to the center and pinch to create a seal.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Garnish each bite with a sugared cranberry for an unexpected burst of flavor. Yield: 24 Brie bites.
Originally published as Baked Brie Bites With Sugared Cranberries Provided by ALDI 2013
Reviews for Baked Brie Bites With Sugared Cranberries(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review