I always come home with an empty plate when I take this special appetizer to holiday parties. It looks fancy but is actually quite easy to make. —Carolyn DeKryger, Fremont, Michigan
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- Assorted crackers and fresh fruit
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, cream cheese and flour on low speed until mixture forms a ball. Divide in half and wrap each portion in plastic wrap; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out each portion into a 7-in. circle about 1/8 in. thick. Place one circle on an ungreased baking sheet. Place Brie on pastry and top with remaining pastry circle; pinch edges to seal. Flute bottom edge if desired.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg and water; brush over top and sides of pastry. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from the baking sheets. Let stand for 30 minutes before serving. Serve with crackers and fruit. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Baked Brie in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p29
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Baked Brie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review