- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- Assorted crackers and fresh fruit
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, cream cheese and flour on low speed until mixture forms a ball. Divide in half and wrap each portion in plastic wrap; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out each portion into a 7-in. circle about 1/8 in. thick. Place one circle on an ungreased baking sheet. Place Brie on pastry and top with remaining pastry circle; pinch edges to seal. Flute bottom edge if desired.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg and water; brush over top and sides of pastry. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from the baking sheets. Let stand for 30 minutes before serving. Serve with crackers and fruit. Yield: 8 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a medium white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Protea Chenin Blanc South Africa 2011. Honeysuckle and pear, with a hint of lemon, makes this perfect with any fish or chicken dish. Buy now and get 2 bottles for $29.99. Order Now
Reviews for Baked Brie
Sort By :
This was wonderful. I really liked the dough around the cheese.
My family loves this and even the young ones ask for it often
I've been making this every Christmas for years and my husband LOVES it!! So easy--I put the dough ingredients into my food processor and process until it forms a ball. What could be easier? And it looks so pretty (and hard to do), too!! Wonderful recipe!
I made this for a party and it was well received. A number a people asked me for the recipe.