Baked Brie Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- Assorted crackers and fresh fruit
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, cream cheese and flour on low speed until mixture forms a ball. Divide in half and wrap each portion in plastic wrap; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out each portion into a 7-in. circle about 1/8 in. thick. Place one circle on an ungreased baking sheet. Place Brie on pastry and top with remaining pastry circle; pinch edges to seal. Flute bottom edge if desired.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg and water; brush over top and sides of pastry. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from the baking sheets. Let stand for 30 minutes before serving. Serve with crackers and fruit. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Baked Brie(7)
Sort By :
This was wonderful. I really liked the dough around the cheese.
My family loves this and even the young ones ask for it often
I've been making this every Christmas for years and my husband LOVES it!! So easy--I put the dough ingredients into my food processor and process until it forms a ball. What could be easier? And it looks so pretty (and hard to do), too!! Wonderful recipe!
I made this for a party and it was well received. A number a people asked me for the recipe.
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Baked Brie >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheese Spread >
- Cheese Spreads >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Father's Day Appetizers >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- New Year's Appetizers >