- 6 to 8 bacon strips
- 8 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 tablespoons enchilada sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 large flour tortillas (10 inches)
- Sour cream and additional enchilada sauce, optional
- In a skillet, cook bacon until crisp; remove to paper towel to drain. Reserve 1 tablespoon of drippings. Saute mushrooms, onions, green pepper and garlic in drippings until tender; set aside and keep warm.
- In a bowl, beat eggs and sour cream. Stir in 1/4 cup cheese and enchilada sauce. In a skillet, melt butter; add egg mixture. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally until eggs are set. Remove from heat.
- Crumble the bacon; add to eggs with mushroom mixture. Spoon down center of tortillas; roll up.
- Place, seam side down, in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve with sour cream and enchilada sauce if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Baked Breakfast Burritos
Sort By :
"I've made this recipe several times and everyone loves it. The only thing I added is a little salsa to the eggs after they were cooked."
"Okay, but I didn't care for the mushrooms at all, and would probably prefer sausage instead of bacon."
"My husband really liked this recipe. I used turkey bacon, but next time I'll switch, because there were no drippings. I'm not a big green onion fan, so next time I'll probably leave those out, maybe use regular onions!"