Every week, I try a minimum of three new recipes. This is one I clipped from the paper. When I served it to my five grown children, not a morsel was left! —Carol Towey, Pasadena, California
- 6 to 8 bacon strips
- 8 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 tablespoons enchilada sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 large flour tortillas (10 inches)
- Sour cream and additional enchilada sauce, optional
- In a skillet, cook bacon until crisp; remove to paper towel to drain. Reserve 1 tablespoon of drippings. Saute mushrooms, onions, green pepper and garlic in drippings until tender; set aside and keep warm.
- In a bowl, beat eggs and sour cream. Stir in 1/4 cup cheese and enchilada sauce. In a skillet, melt butter; add egg mixture. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally until eggs are set. Remove from heat.
- Crumble the bacon; add to eggs with mushroom mixture. Spoon down center of tortillas; roll up.
- Place, seam side down, in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve with sour cream and enchilada sauce if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Baked Breakfast Burritos in Country Woman January/February 1997, p31
Reviews for Baked Breakfast Burritos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review