Baked Breaded Cod
These fish fillets are quick to fix...and they bake in no time! Brushed with ranch salad dressing and coated with seasoned stuffing crumbs and parsley, the cod fillets are moist and flavorful. Our Test Kitchen sized the recipe to feed just two.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup seasoned stuffing croutons, crushed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 cod fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat ranch salad dressing
- Refrigerated butter-flavored spray
- In a shallow bowl, combine the crushed croutons and parsley. Drizzle
- cod with salad dressing, then coat with crumb mixture. Spritz with
- butter-flavored spray.
- Place in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 10-15 minutes or until fish flakes
- easily with a fork. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One fillet equals 244 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 423 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 33 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.