Baked Blueberry-Peach Pound Cake Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2-1/2 cups cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/4 cups chopped fresh or frozen unsweetened peaches
- 2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1. In a bowl, beat the butter, sugar and applesauce. Add egg substitute and milk. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to the creamed mixture and mix until blended. Fold in peaches and blueberries. Pour into a 10-in. flouted tube pan coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Garnish slices with whipped topping. Yield: 12 servings.
One serving (1 slice with 1 tablespoon whipped topping) equals 225 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 138 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fruit.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.