Baked Blueberry Pancake
For a quick breakfast, Norna makes the pancake while fixing supper the night before, then cuts it into squares. The next morning, she tops them with butter and syrup before placing them in the microwave. This innovative way to make pancakes takes most of the fuss out of making breakfast. Norna Detig - Lindenwood, Illinois
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups pancake mix
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Butter and maple syrup
- In a large bowl, combine the pancake mix, milk, egg, oil and cinnamon
- just until blended (batter will be lumpy). Fold in blueberries.
- Spread into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at
- 400° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with butter
- and syrup. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (calculated without butter and syrup) equals 200 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 527 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.