- 8 slices French bread (1/2 inch thick), cubed (about 4 cups)
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 cartons (8 ounces each) mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 10 slices French bread (1 inch thick)
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Additional fresh blueberries, optional
- In a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, layer bread cubes and blueberries. In a small bowl, beat mascarpone cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth; drop by tablespoonfuls over blueberries. Top with bread slices. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, cream, milk, granulated sugar and vanilla; pour over bread. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Remove French toast from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake, covered, 30 minutes. Bake, uncovered, 30-40 minutes longer or until puffed and golden and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Dust with additional confectioners' sugar; sprinkle with almonds. If desired, serve with additional blueberries. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Baked Blueberry-Mascarpone French Toast
"Great recipe..definitely a keeper!"
"i too was guilty of not reading the complete recipe and thinking hmmmm!.... anyway,i'm a sugarholic i added more sugar both times, it came out fantastic."
"This recipe looks really wonderful and if you use your head and read the WHOLE recipe before submitting a review you would know that the recipe calls for both cubed and sliced bread. Can't wait to try it out!"
"Of course it is the same recipe as the picture. Didn'you finish reading it. It is topped with slices."
"Wake up, folks! Your photo does NOT match the recipe. Recipe has cubed bread, not whole slices."
"Wow, this is like restaurant quality in my very own kitchen. i scored big points making and serving this surprise. excellant!"
"This sounds absolutely fabulous. I shall try it as soon as the first blueberries are out!"