Baked Blueberry French Toast Recipe
- 24 slices day-old French bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 2/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups egg substitute
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- Place 12 slices of bread in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. In a blender or food processor, combine cream cheese, milk, sour cream, yogurt, syrup, vanilla, nutmeg and cinnamon. Add egg substitute; cover and process until smooth.
- Pour half of the egg mixture over bread; sprinkle with blueberries. Top with the remaining bread and egg mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 20-30 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Baked Blueberry French Toast
Sort By :
"Not as good as I had hoped. Wouldn't make again."
"I'm a little confused by all the calls for a recipe reducer. Virtually all of the ingredients are divisible by 2 (to serve 6) or 3 (to serve 4). If cutting in half, use an 8x8 pan. If cutting in thirds, try a loaf pan. The only question then would be appropriate cooking time for the smaller pans. I would recommend checking it at 30 mins for a loaf pan, and 35-40 minutes for the 8x8."
"Great recipe for a large brunch. But, I'd also like a version that would serve 4. Nice hint about lemon, I'll try some lemon zest next time too. I do like that you can use frozen berries. It makes this a year-round choice."
"I love baked french toast. Did add some lemon zest as I like the flavor of lemon and blueberries together. I have to use my math skills to reduce the number of servings. I wish Taste of Home would post a recipe reducer formula the way some food websites do to make it easier for smaller families to make smaller batches. Thank you."
"You can substitute fresh eggs for the egg substitute. 4 fresh large eggs equal 1 cup of substitute. So 8 fresh eggs will eqaul amount called for in this recipe."