Baked Blueberry Cornmeal Muffins Recipe
When I bring treats to the staff, I try to keep many of them healthy, which this moist muffin is. The cornmeal adds an interesting texture.—Elizabeth Bergeron, Denver, Colorado
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup plus 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cornmeal, flours, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- 2. Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full; sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 muffin: 185 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 251mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Baked Blueberry Cornmeal Muffins
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC