Baked Beefy Spanish Rice Recipe
This recipe came from my husband's grandmother. It's quick to make and very tasty. Hearty helpings of this specially seasoned rice disappear in a hurry at our dinner table.—Ruth Ann Klassen, Aberdeen, Idaho
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomatoes, seasonings and rice.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 264 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 897 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 16 g protein.
Reviews for Baked Beefy Spanish Rice
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC