- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomatoes, seasonings and rice.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Baked Beefy Spanish Rice
Sort By :
Very good. Followed recipe but found it way too salty. Will reduce or eliminate the salt next time and keep the garlic and celery salts.
My family loves this recipe! I have even taken this dish to work and had coworkers ask me for the recipe. What a great dish.
This was super good, even though I ran short of some of the ingredients! I used two cans of diced tomatoes instead of stewed tomatoes, more ground beef than the recipe called for, and used mozzarella cheese, because it's what I had on hand! I also omitted the salt. Next time I will hope to try with cheddar cheese; I'm sure it will be just as good if not better! I might have added some more rice too, to balance out the amount of ground beef. I served with corn bread and peas, and it was very good. I will definitely be making this one again!