Baked Beef Patties Recipe
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1-1/2 teaspoons dried thyme, divided
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Dash paprika
- Dash pepper
- 1-1/4 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional, divided
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 to 6 hamburger buns, split, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine 1-1/2 teaspoons of fresh thyme (or 1/2 teaspoon dried), water, garlic salt, oregano, paprika and pepper. Add beef; mix well. Shape into four to six patties. Coat patties with flour; dip into egg and then crumbs. In a skillet, brown patties in butter. Arrange in a greased shallow baking dish. Pour half of the spaghetti sauce over patties. Sprinkle with cheeses; top with remaining sauce. Bake at 400° for 25 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Sprinkle with remaining thyme. Serve patties and sauce on buns if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 319 calories, 18 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 121 mg cholesterol, 636 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.