- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1-1/2 teaspoons dried thyme, divided
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Dash paprika
- Dash pepper
- 1-1/4 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional, divided
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 to 6 hamburger buns, split, optional
- In a large bowl, combine 1-1/2 teaspoons of fresh thyme (or 1/2 teaspoon dried), water, garlic salt, oregano, paprika and pepper. Add beef; mix well. Shape into four to six patties. Coat patties with flour; dip into egg and then crumbs. In a skillet, brown patties in butter. Arrange in a greased shallow baking dish. Pour half of the spaghetti sauce over patties. Sprinkle with cheeses; top with remaining sauce. Bake at 400° for 25 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Sprinkle with remaining thyme. Serve patties and sauce on buns if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Baked Beef Patties
Sort By :
"DELICIOUS! I will definitely make these again. I serve them without the bun. The thyme isgreat in them."
"These were really good! I made them just as the recipe directed. My husband even commented on how they good they were! That means a lot!!! I made roasted rosemary potato wedges to serve with and it was a win-win meal!"
"I love this recipe, it's a different way to serve ground beef, it's fast, easy and economical. I stock up on canned spaghetti sauce on sale and this is a great way to use up my stockpile!"