Baked Beef and Brown Rice Recipe
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 4 medium carrots, grated
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1. In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer rice, onion, carrots, beef and green pepper. Sprinkle with salt. Combine the tomato juice, Worcestershire sauce and basil; pour over the top. Sprinkle with cheese and wheat germ. cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until the rice is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 468 calories, 19 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 99 mg cholesterol, 1,372 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 34 g protein.
Reviews for Baked Beef and Brown Rice
"The rice takes forever to cook. If you try I would suggest cooking the brown rice first and cutting some time off the baking time."