Baked Beans with Bacon Recipe
- 3 cans (15 ounces each) pork and beans
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1. In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first six ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until vegetables are tender. Just before serving, stir in bacon. Yield: 8 servings.
2/3 cup equals 232 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 932 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Reviews for Baked Beans with Bacon
"I made these for the 4th of July and they were pretty tasty. I think I will add a cup of bbq sauce the next time I make them."