Baked Beans with Bacon
This recipe was one of my mother's and was always a hit. The chopped jalapeno pepper spices it up a bit. It's an easy-to-remember recipe because most of the ingredients are 1/2 cup.Nadine Brissey, Jenks, Oklahoma
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 3 cans (15 ounces each) pork and beans
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first six ingredients. Cover and
- cook on low for 6-8 hours or until vegetables are tender. Just
- before serving, stir in bacon. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2/3 cup equals 232 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 932 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 10 g protein.