This recipe was one of my mother's and was always a hit. The chopped jalapeno pepper spices it up a bit. It's an easy-to-remember recipe because most of the ingredients are 1/2 cup.—Nadine Brissey, Jenks, Oklahoma
Featured In: Mom's Best Comfort Foods
- 3 cans (15 ounces each) pork and beans
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first six ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until vegetables are tender. Just before serving, stir in bacon. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Maple Baked Beans in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2010, p86
Reviews for Baked Beans with Bacon
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 8, 2015
"I made these for the 4th of July and they were pretty tasty. I think I will add a cup of bbq sauce the next time I make them."