This recipe was one of my mother's and was always a hit. The chopped jalapeno pepper spices it up a bit. It's an easy-to-remember recipe because most of the ingredients are 1/2 cup.—Nadine Brissey, Jenks, Oklahoma
- 3 cans (15 ounces each) pork and beans
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first six ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until vegetables are tender. Just before serving, stir in bacon. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Maple Baked Beans in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2010, p86
Reviews for Baked Beans with Bacon
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 8, 2015
"I made these for the 4th of July and they were pretty tasty. I think I will add a cup of bbq sauce the next time I make them."