Baked Beans & Onion Burgers
Take one all-American patty and load it up Massachusetts-style with Boston baked beans and caramelized onions on slices of Boston brown bread.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 slices Boston brown bread, lightly toasted
- Caramelized onions
- Boston baked beans, warmed
- In a large bowl, combine bread crumbs, egg, salt and pepper. Add
- beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four 1/2-in.-thick
- patties. Press a shallow indentation in the center of each with your
- thumb. Brush both sides of patties with oil.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-5
- minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Serve
- between brown bread with toppings. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.