Baked Bean Side Dish Recipe
- 1 can (28 ounces) baked beans, drained
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 bacon strips, diced
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with bacon. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 25-30 minutes longer or until bubbly and beans reach desired thickness. Yield: 7 servings.
2/3 cup: 268 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 882mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 8g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Baked Bean Side Dish
"As far as side dishes go, this recipe is super easy. Also, it's easy to adjust the flavor on this just by changing the type of BBQ sauce you use! I've adjusted depending on what we're serving for dinner to help compliment the flavors of the meal."
"Ive left one comment about these beans but after tqking them to a potluck at school I have to leave another. Ive never had so many compliments about something I've cooked before. Everyone who had them loved them. Days later I was still getting compliment s about them. AMAZING!!!"
"This is delicious! I love the apples and raisins!"
"These beans were simply amazing! Loved the unique addition of apples and raisins... Already thinking of making them again next weekend! I had one guest go for seconds even before she had finished her first helping!"
"without the jalepeno though. We just don't like the "heat"."
"Absolutely fabulous. Our favorite baked bean receipe. The jalepeno pepper adds just the right zing."
"This is our favorite baked bean recipe. The jalepeno pepper just adds the right zing."