This is my daughter's recipe. People are pleasantly surprised by its unique flavor and frequently request the recipe. —Lilas R. Umphrey, Davenport, Florida
- 1 can (28 ounces) baked beans, drained
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 bacon strips, diced
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with bacon. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 25-30 minutes longer or until bubbly and beans reach desired thickness. Yield: 7 servings.
Originally published as Baked Bean Side Dish in Simple & Delicious May 2010, p49
Reviews for Baked Bean Side Dish
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review