Baked Bean Corn Bread
"Our daughter Kaitlin created this moist bread," says Lauren McBride of Houston, Texas. "She loves to fix it for our family along with hot dogs and a salad. It's quick, simple, delicious and kid-friendly."
4-6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 packages (8-1/2 ounces each) corn bread/muffin mix
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (10 ounces) baked beans
- In a large bowl, combine the corn bread mixes, milk and eggs. Pour
- 1-1/2 cups batter into a greased 9-in. pie plate. Spread with baked
- beans. Spread with remaining batter.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick
- inserted into the corn bread comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 4-6
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 254 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 563 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.