Baked Bean Corn Bread Recipe
"Our daughter Kaitlin created this moist bread," says Lauren McBride of Houston, Texas. "She loves to fix it for our family along with hot dogs and a salad. It's quick, simple, delicious and kid-friendly."
- 2 packages (8-1/2 ounces each) corn bread/muffin mix
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (10 ounces) baked beans
- In a large bowl, combine the corn bread mixes, milk and eggs. Pour 1-1/2 cups batter into a greased 9-in. pie plate. Spread with baked beans. Spread with remaining batter.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the corn bread comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Baked Bean Corn Bread in Quick Cooking November/December 2003, p41
Reviews for Baked Bean Corn Bread(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 11, 2010
I added chopped up ham to make it a complete meal. Very yummy. However, mine took closer to 45 minutes to cook - so long! but worth it.