Baked Barbecued Broilers Recipe
- 2 broiler/fryer chickens (3-1/2 to 4 pounds each)
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup cider or red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. Place chickens, breast side up, in a large shallow roasting pan. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over chickens. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour. Cover and bake 20-30 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 180° and juices run clear. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (2 pieces) equals 240 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 479 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Reviews for Baked Barbecued Broilers
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.