Baked Barbecued Broilers Recipe
You'll need just six ingredients for the simple sauce that coats these tender chickens from Mary Ellen Wix of Harrington, Delaware. The recipe makes enough for a hearty supper yet leaves plenty for meals later in the week.
- 2 broiler/fryer chickens (3-1/2 to 4 pounds each)
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup cider or red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. Place chickens, breast side up, in a large shallow roasting pan. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over chickens. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour. Cover and bake 20-30 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 180° and juices run clear. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving: 240 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 479mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein.
Reviews for Baked Barbecued Broilers
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC