Baked Barbecued Broilers Recipe
You'll need just six ingredients for the simple sauce that coats these tender chickens from Mary Ellen Wix of Harrington, Delaware. The recipe makes enough for a hearty supper yet leaves plenty for meals later in the week.
- 2 broiler/fryer chickens (3-1/2 to 4 pounds each)
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup cider or red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place chickens, breast side up, in a large shallow roasting pan. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over chickens. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour. Cover and bake 20-30 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 180° and juices run clear. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Baked Barbecued Broilers in Quick Cooking July/August 2000, p14
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Baked Barbecued Broilers(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review