Baked Barbecued Beef Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (about 3 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 12 kaiser rolls, split
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. Sprinkle roast with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. In a Dutch oven, brown roast in oil on both sides; drain. Combine water, ketchup, onion, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, garlic and remaining salt and pepper; pour over meat.
- 2. Cover and bake 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until meat is tender. Remove roast; let stand 5 minutes before slicing, Skim fat from cooking juices. Return meat to the pan; heat through. Serve on rolls. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 412 calories, 16 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 1,050 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Reviews for Baked Barbecued Beef Sandwiches
"Excellent recipe! I made it exactly as written and served sandwiches with potato and pasta salads from the deli."