Baked Barbecued Beef Sandwiches Recipe
I’ve been making this recipe for years, and it never fails to win big grins from family and guests. The meat is tender, and the sauce is tangy with a little kick. —Lynn Henderson, Powell, Ohio
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (about 3 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 12 kaiser rolls, split
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. Sprinkle roast with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. In a Dutch oven, brown roast in oil on both sides; drain. Combine water, ketchup, onion, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, garlic and remaining salt and pepper; pour over meat.
- 2. Cover and bake 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until meat is tender. Remove roast; let stand 5 minutes before slicing, Skim fat from cooking juices. Return meat to the pan; heat through. Serve on rolls. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 412 calories, 16 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 1,050 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 28 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC