I’ve been making this recipe for years, and it never fails to win big grins from family and guests. The meat is tender, and the sauce is tangy with a little kick. —Lynn Henderson, Powell, Ohio
Featured In: Summer Slow Cooker Recipes
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (about 3 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 12 kaiser rolls, split
- Preheat oven to 325°. Sprinkle roast with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. In a Dutch oven, brown roast in oil on both sides; drain. Combine water, ketchup, onion, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, garlic and remaining salt and pepper; pour over meat.
- Cover and bake 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until meat is tender. Remove roast; let stand 5 minutes before slicing, Skim fat from cooking juices. Return meat to the pan; heat through. Serve on rolls. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Barbecued Beef Sandwiches in Taste of Home April/May 2006, p37
Reviews for Baked Barbecued Beef Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2016
"Loved it! And so easy to prepare. Served on brioche rolls with cole slaw."
Reviewed Apr. 28, 2014
"Excellent recipe! I made it exactly as written and served sandwiches with potato and pasta salads from the deli."