These flavorful, tender ribs from Helen Tucker of Wooster, Ohio are coated in a zippy barbecue sauce.
- 2 pounds pork baby back ribs, cut into serving-size pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place the ribs in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Rub with garlic powder. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Drain ribs; pour half of the sauce over ribs. Bake, uncovered, 40-50 minutes longer or until meat is tender, basting several times with remaining sauce. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Thick 'n' Zesty Ribs in Cooking for 2 Summer 2006, p45
Reviews for Baked Barbecue Ribs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 30, 2011
"This was my first time making ribs at home but it was so easy - and so delicious! Next time I might teak the sauce a bit (less sweet and more tangy) but that's just a personal preference. My husband loved them! Thanks!"
Reviewed Jan. 12, 2010
"THis was really good."