Baked Barbecue Pork Chops Recipe
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 bay leaf
- Sprinkle pork chops with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chops in oil for 3-4 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. In a small saucepan, combine the water, ketchup, vinegar, celery seed, nutmeg, bay leaf and remaining salt; bring to a boil. Pour over pork.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Discard bay leaf. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Baked Barbecue Pork Chops(14)
Sort By :
i love it it looks good and it must tast good
Sauce was watery, there was no barbeque taste at all. I followed the recipe exactly, except I didn't have any celery seed.
These chops were great. Very tender and sauce had a good tangy bite. Used leftovers next day for pork chop sandwiches, just added a little onion to leftover sauce and heated it up and spread over buns. Took meat off bone and made a tasty sandwich. YUM!
My family loved this. I added a little brown sugar to the sauce. Delicious!
entirely too dry for me. should have taken the bone in chops instead. also would need to kick start the sauce with added seasoning . found flavor bland.
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >