Baked Barbecue Pork Chops Recipe
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 bay leaf
- Sprinkle pork chops with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chops in oil for 3-4 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. In a small saucepan, combine the water, ketchup, vinegar, celery seed, nutmeg, bay leaf and remaining salt; bring to a boil. Pour over pork.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Discard bay leaf. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Baked Barbecue Pork Chops
Sort By :
I liked the taste, but the sauce was too watery for me. Next time, I will add less water.
Not very moist and ended having a more of a boiled meat texture
i love it it looks good and it must tast good
Sauce was watery, there was no barbeque taste at all. I followed the recipe exactly, except I didn't have any celery seed.
These chops were great. Very tender and sauce had a good tangy bite. Used leftovers next day for pork chop sandwiches, just added a little onion to leftover sauce and heated it up and spread over buns. Took meat off bone and made a tasty sandwich. YUM!
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >