Baked Barbecue Pork Chops Recipe
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 bay leaf
- 1. Sprinkle pork chops with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chops in oil for 3-4 minutes on each side or until browned.
- 2. Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. In a small saucepan, combine the water, ketchup, vinegar, celery seed, nutmeg, bay leaf and remaining salt; bring to a boil. Pour over pork.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Discard bay leaf. Yield: 4 servings.
1 pork chop equals 190 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 505 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Baked Barbecue Pork Chops
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.