Baked Bananas in Orange Sauce Recipe
This simply luscious dessert from Gusty Crum of Dover, Ohio looks pretty enough to serve for a special occasion.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 2 medium firm bananas
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- Vanilla ice cream
- 1. Cut each banana in half lengthwise; place cut side down in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Brush with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10 minutes.
- 2. Combine the orange juice, brown sugar and orange peel; pour over bananas. Bake 10 minutes longer. Serve with ice cream. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (2 pieces) equals 209 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 45 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC