Baked Banana French Toast Recipe
This easy overnight recipe makes a delightful breakfast or brunch entrée. The flavor is reminiscent of banana pudding, so I’ve also served it for dessert.—Nancy Zimmerman, Cape May Court House, New Jersey
- 2 cups sliced ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 9 cups cubed French bread
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 9 eggs
- 4 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a small bowl, toss bananas with lemon juice. Place half of bread in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; layer with cream cheese, bananas and remaining bread.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, sugar, butter, syrup and cinnamon; pour over bread. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 3. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving equals 348 calories, 16 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 196 mg cholesterol, 361 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 13 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC