- 2 cups sliced ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 9 cups cubed French bread
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 9 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 4 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a small bowl, toss bananas with lemon juice. Place half of bread in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; layer with cream cheese, bananas and remaining bread.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, sugar, butter, syrup and cinnamon; pour over bread. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Baked Banana French Toast
Sort By :
Try it with blueberries. EXCEPTIONAL!
your bananas can't be too ripe or they will be watery.
This was delicious; we all loved it! I'm planning to make it again for Easter. Since I didn't have a lemon handy, I substituted a little orange juice.
I was so excited to make this recipe, but extremely disappointed when my husband and I had our first bite. It was very watery; bananas have a tendency to get watery and this recipe was no exception. The egg part of the dish was not undercooked, which would have been an obvious explanation for the wateriness. The texture was off, and the overall flavor was just awful. So disappointing. I had to throw it all out as it was inedible.
A real keeper. Yummy!
More Recipe Collections
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- French Toast Recipes >
- Make-Ahead Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Vegetarian Recipes >