Baked Banana Boats Recipe
Kids can make their own banana boats with custom toppings. We use different berries and honey or peanut butter instead of chocolate chips. They're also good topped with crushed graham crackers or granola—whatever your family likes. —Rebekah Viers, Taylors, South Carolina
- 4 medium bananas, unpeeled
- 1/2 cup unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/4 cup granola without raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 4 teaspoons miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. Cut each banana lengthwise about 1/2 in. deep, leaving 1/2 in. uncut at both ends. Place each banana on a 12-in. square of foil; crimp and shape foil around bananas so they sit flat. Gently pull each banana peel open, forming a pocket. Fill pockets with pineapple, granola, pecans and chocolate chips.
- 2. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until chips are softened. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 220 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 4 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Baked Banana Boats
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC