Baked Banana Boats Recipe
Kids can make their own banana boats with custom toppings. We use different berries and honey or peanut butter instead of chocolate chips. They're also good topped with crushed graham crackers or granola—whatever your family likes. —Rebekah Viers, Taylors, South Carolina
- 4 medium bananas, unpeeled
- 1/2 cup unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/4 cup granola without raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 4 teaspoons miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Cut each banana lengthwise about 1/2 in. deep, leaving 1/2 in. uncut at both ends. Place each banana on a 12-in. square of foil; crimp and shape foil around bananas so they sit flat. Gently pull each banana peel open, forming a pocket. Fill pockets with pineapple, granola, pecans and chocolate chips.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until chips are softened. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Baked Banana Boats in Healthy Cooking December/January 2013, p35
Reviews for Baked Banana Boats
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 10, 2013
Our whole family just tried these for the first time and they were delicious.