Baked Applesauce Recipe
ONCE YOU TASTE this applesauce, you won't want the tore-bought variety anymore. Baking the apples locks in their delicious flavor! This recipe can easily be adjusted for any amount of servings. —Mary Mootz Cincinnati, Ohio
- 2 large tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Place apples in a greased 1-qt. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cinnamon and vanilla. Sprinkle over apples.
- 2. Cover and bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until apples are tender. Uncover and mash with a fork. Serve warm. Yield: 2 servings.
1/2 cup equals 161 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, trace protein.
Reviews for Baked Applesauce
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC