ONCE YOU TASTE this applesauce, you won't want the tore-bought variety anymore. Baking the apples locks in their delicious flavor! This recipe can easily be adjusted for any amount of servings. —Mary Mootz Cincinnati, Ohio
- 2 large tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place apples in a greased 1-qt. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cinnamon and vanilla. Sprinkle over apples.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until apples are tender. Uncover and mash with a fork. Serve warm. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Baked Applesauce in Reminisce Extra August 1995, p47
Reviews for Baked Applesauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review