Baked Applesauce Recipe
- 2 large tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place apples in a greased 1-qt. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cinnamon and vanilla. Sprinkle over apples.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until apples are tender. Uncover and mash with a fork. Serve warm. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Baked Applesauce(3)
Sort By :
What a great way to use leftover apples. I was just trying to be economical and it turned out to be a real hit! I used sweet yellow apples that had been in the basemen for a while, but nobody seemed to mind! They asked for more! So I will use this regularly. I want to try them with the tart apples. I can't wait!
I made this dish tonight and it was a hands down winner. I followed the recipe exactly and it was delicious. Next time, I will make more although there were two nice sized servings. It was sooooo good. My husband loved it. I highly recommend this recipe.
This was really easy and very good. I add a smidge of nutmeg. I tripled the batch too.