Who says desserts have to be laden with chocolate to be delicious? In this recipe, apples are dressed up with three ingredients for a fuss-free treat.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 medium tart apples, cored
- 4 teaspoons sugar-free strawberry jam
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups orange juice
- Place apples in a foil-lined 8-in. square baking pan. Spoon 1
- teaspoon jam into the center of each apple; sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Pour orange juice into pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25
- minutes or until apples are tender. Serve immediately. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: One serving equals 126 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit.