Baked Apples in Caramel Cream
"What's better on a cool fall day than baked apples with a yummy sauce?" inquires Karen Ann Bland, Gove, Kansas.
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 4 large Rome Beauty apples, cored
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 12 caramels
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Combine brown sugar and water in a 9-in. square baking dish. Peel the
- top half of each apple; brush with lemon juice.
- Place in the baking dish. Fill each with three caramels. Bake at
- 350° for 60-65 minutes or until apples are tender, basting every
- 20 minutes.
- Carefully lift apples, allowing any caramel in centers to drip into
- pan, and place in individual dessert dishes. Pour sauce into a small
- saucepan; add cream. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until sauce
- is smooth and thick. Spoon over apples; serve immediately. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 345 calories, 14 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 90 mg sodium, 58 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white