"What's better on a cool fall day than baked apples with a yummy sauce?" inquires Karen Ann Bland, Gove, Kansas.
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 4 large Rome Beauty apples, cored
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 12 caramels
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Combine brown sugar and water in a 9-in. square baking dish. Peel the top half of each apple; brush with lemon juice.
- Place in the baking dish. Fill each with three caramels. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until apples are tender, basting every 20 minutes.
- Carefully lift apples, allowing any caramel in centers to drip into pan, and place in individual dessert dishes. Pour sauce into a small saucepan; add cream. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until sauce is smooth and thick. Spoon over apples; serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Baked Apples in Caramel Cream in Taste of Home October/November 1996, p17
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Baked Apples in Caramel Cream
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review