- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 4 large Rome Beauty apples, cored
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 12 caramels
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Combine brown sugar and water in a 9-in. square baking dish. Peel the top half of each apple; brush with lemon juice.
- Place in the baking dish. Fill each with three caramels. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until apples are tender, basting every 20 minutes.
- Carefully lift apples, allowing any caramel in centers to drip into pan, and place in individual dessert dishes. Pour sauce into a small saucepan; add cream. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until sauce is smooth and thick. Spoon over apples; serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Baked Apples in Caramel Cream(1)
Sort By :
Very good apples. I used 4 small gala apples and followed the recipe completely. We thought it was best with the apples cut up in a bowl using a spoon to get lots of sauce with each bite. The sauce was really yummy!