This sweet-savory recipe is a favorite. Use Brie instead of blue cheese if you like things creamier. My tip? Bake the apples in a muffin tin so they won’t roll around. —Jessica Levinson, South Nyack, New York
- 2 medium apples
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons bran flakes
- 1 tablespoon golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Cut apples in half lengthwise; remove cores. Place in an ungreased 8-in. square baking dish. Fill each half with 1 teaspoon blue cheese.
- In a small bowl, combine the oats, bran flakes, golden raisins, raisins and brown sugar; spoon into apples. Top with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Baked Apple Surprise in Healthy Cooking August/September 2011, p61
Reviews for Baked Apple Surprise
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 9, 2014