Baked Apple Slices
Nothing beats these tender apple slices over ice cream for satisfying harvest flavor. This old-fashioned treat gives a new twist to traditional baked apples. They are also excellent served over waffles or with ham. I make sure to save room for dessert! —Linda Gaido, New Brighton, Pennsylvania
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 3 large tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider or juice
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup walnuts or raisins
- Vanilla ice cream
- Place apples in a greased 1-qt. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine
- the sugar, cider, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger; pour over apples. Dot
- with butter. Sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-60 minutes or until apples are
- tender. Serve warm with ice cream. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 506 calories, 31 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 234 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein.