Baked Apple-Raisin Stuffing
After sampling a friend's turkey dressing one Thanksgiving, I was inspired to add apples, raisins and sage to my own stuffing recipe.
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup diced peeled tart apple
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- Dash to 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups cubed day-old bread, crusts removed
- In a small skillet, saute onion and celery in butter until tender.
- Add the apple, raisins, bouillon, salt, sage, poultry seasoning and
- pepper. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer. Stir in broth. Pour over
- bread crumbs; toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350°
- for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until golden
- brown. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 280 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 984 mg sodium,