Baked Apple Pudding Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups grated peeled tart apples
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt
- 1. In a bowl, beat together the butter, sugar and egg until blended. In a bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon; gradually add to the sugar mixture and mix well. Stir in the apples, walnuts and vanilla until well combined.
- 2. Spread mixture into an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until pudding is lightly browned and springs back when lightly touched. Serve warm with frozen yogurt. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving with 1/3 cup frozen yogurt equals 243 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 238 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 reduced-fat milk, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Baked Apple Pudding
"Seemed more like a cake than a pudding. Was pretty good."