Baked Apple Pudding Recipe
"People raise so many apples here in the Columbia Basin that everyone uses a lot of them in cooking," writes Margery Bryan of Royal City, Washington. "This moist, nutty pudding seasoned with cinnamon and nutmeg is a favorite at our house."
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups grated peeled tart apples
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt
- In a bowl, beat together the butter, sugar and egg until blended. In a bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon; gradually add to the sugar mixture and mix well. Stir in the apples, walnuts and vanilla until well combined.
- Spread mixture into an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until pudding is lightly browned and springs back when lightly touched. Serve warm with frozen yogurt. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Baked Apple Pudding in Light & Tasty August/September 2004, p60
Reviews for Baked Apple Pudding(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review