Baked Almond Chicken Recipe
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 3-1/2 pounds), cut up
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1 teaspoon each salt, paprika and celery salt
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1. Place the flour in a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken, a few pieces at a time. Seal bag; shake to coat chicken. In a shallow dish, combine 7 tablespoons butter, salt, paprika and celery salt. Add chicken pieces and turn to coat.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with almonds. Pour cream around chicken. Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup sauce.
- 3. Stir sour cream into sauce; pour over the chicken. Combine bread crumbs with the remaining butter; sprinkle over chicken. Bake, uncovered, 15 minutes more or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 1020 calories, 72g fat (34g saturated fat), 278mg cholesterol, 1424mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 54g protein .
Reviews for Baked Almond Chicken
"I thought it was good, and my healthy runner-daughter loved it!The rest of the family, not so much."
"I have been making this recipe for years and get raves about it every time. And so easy."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.