Baked Almond Chicken Breasts Recipe
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon butter, melted, divided
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Hot cooked pasta
- 1. Place flour in a shallow bowl. Combine 1/3 cup butter and seasonings in another bowl. Coat chicken with flour, then dip in butter mixture. Arrange in a greased shallow 3-qt. baking dish. Pour cream around chicken.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes. Combine bread crumbs and remaining butter; sprinkle over chicken. Top with almonds. Bake, uncovered, for 5-8 minutes or until golden brown. Serve over pasta. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 566 calories, 43g fat (22g saturated fat), 177mg cholesterol, 695mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 29g protein.
Reviews for Baked Almond Chicken Breasts
"I made this today and it was very tasty! My husband and I loved it and I will be making it again soon!"
"Love this, I use Grouse Breast!"
"My family loves this recipe! My boyfriend asked me to make it twice in one week. It was very simple to make."
"This has become a family favorite. My daughters friends even came over for a cooking class to learn how to make this delicious dish before going off to college."
"This recipe is wonderful. I always get rave reviews whenever I serve it. It's a family favorite. My daughters friends took this recipe with them to college. I always make more of the butter/seasoning coating than the recipe calls for. A definate keeper."
"This is one of the best chicken recipes. I always get rave reviews when I serve this dish. I have also served this dish with rice pilaf."
"I love this recipe.I do tend to leave off the almonds and breadcrumbs, but it is really good either way."